In this article, we will share with you the best SEO onpage audit tools you can use to simplify the process of analyzing how optimized websites are and what you can do to improve.
I didn’t include this in the beginning because I want you to understand how to audit your site manually and by using free tools for now. This helps you gain perspective and a better appreciation of auditing a website.
To be clear, tools will most certainly help you hasten the audit process but they don’t always tell you the whys behind the data it spits out.
But by running through the steps above, you are more equipped to deal with the nuances of site audit that aren’t always evident in the tools you’ll use.
We used best seo onpage audit tools like Ahrefs, Surfer SEO, and others to help conduct your site audit. While they help aid in the audit process but are not necessarily audit tools in the strictest sense.
Thus, below are among the best SEO onpage audit tools you can’t get wrong with:
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider – One of the best and most popular desktop-based SEO crawlers; free (up to 500 pages to crawl and analyze) or paid (£149.00/year for unlimited page crawls and advanced features).
- SiteBulb – SEO crawler and audit tool trusted by SEO professionals for their clients; paid (starting at $13.5/month for 10,000 URLs per audit).
- JetOctopus – Online onpage crawl and log analyzer with generous limits; paid (no limits package starts at 250 € for 100k pages)
- OnCrawl – Another SEO crawler and log analyzer but for enterprises; paid (€49 for 100k pages for 1 site).
- URL Profiler – Generate deep content audits and gather insights on each, aside from other things it can do; paid ($19.95/month billed yearly 5,000 max URLs per import).
Among the tools, Screaming Frog SEO Spider is the most well-known among the bunch. It’s a site audit tool that provides everything you need to know about your site and competitors.
You’ll have to get used to its clunky tabs before you can fully unleash the tool with all its power.
As a desktop-based tool, it has its advantages and disadvantages. What you’ll enjoy with it is that it’s more affordable than most software concerning its features and the data it gathers for you.
On the downside, you can’t access the data using another device because all your files will be stored in the local drive where you installed the software. You can, however, save the audit files in the cloud, although you need a separate license key for your Screaming Frog software installed on a different CPU.
One of the better features Screaming Frog has is its Visualization feature. You don’t have to imagine how the site and its internal links look like because the tool will show it to you.
Below are other things it can do:
- Customize crawl configurations and schedule crawls at your best
- Crawls JS rendering to audit dynamic websites
- Detects exact- and near-duplicate content to help you turn them into unique
- Integrates with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google PageSpeed Insights, and Link Metrics tools like Ahrefs and
Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a solid choice to help you conduct your SEO audits, all things considered.
However, if you’re looking for a user-friendlier tool that presents data and insights much more intuitively, you might want to try out JetOctopus first.
As one of the fastest crawlers around (250 pages per second), JetOctopus provides you with more than enough data to grind your teeth into, much like Screaming Frog SEO Spider.
However, what makes this tool much easier to use is the Ideas section that shows you the following:
- SEO Efficiency – Compares the pages that receive impressions and JetOctopus was able to crawl and with the pages on This
- SEO Problems – This shows you the exact issues and problems your site has and what you need to do to fix
- SEO Opportunities – Shows pages that are ranking well on SERPs but are underperforming in terms of CTR, interlinking, and
- My KPI – Keeps track of pages that need your utmost
Tools like JetOctopus, Sitebulb, and OnCrawl are ideal for SEO professionals and agencies that are analyzing large client sites with thousands of pages. Also, the flexibility of being a cloud-based software makes them much easier to use and collaborate with your team if you have one.
Finally, URL Profiler is a different kind of audit tool because it analyzes your site on a page-deep level. Using this tool, you can:
- Analyze the site speed of each page and determine the slowest (or fastest) of the
- Perform topical and sentiment analysis so you know what your pages are all about can classify them
- Has the ability to Integrate with Google Analytics and import data from Screaming Frog so you can compare data coming from different tools with the ones gathered using URL
- Find out which social platforms your content is shared the
At the same time, URL Profiler doesn’t just audit your website for SEO issues. It also works as a research tool where you can:
- Mine for backlink
- Analyzing link profile and determining the toxicity of links before disavowing them to help your site recover from
- Research third-party sites’ onpage and off-page SEO metrics to learn more about the Also, use this feature to help you buy the best-expired domains possible.
Similar to Screaming Frog, URL Profiler is a desktop-based tool, so keep that in mind before you buy this tool.
Either way, it’s an indispensable SEO software that compliments your onpage SEO campaigns with off-page features.
Taking the time to audit the current status of your website and your competition is the ONLY way to create a clear, custom, and actionable plan. Do not engage in seo service that does not complete an intake audit as part of the overall strategy for local SEO or organic SEO services. The exception being when you contact a service for only link building, when you have an in house or alternate agency handling on page SEO. However, you should be aware that poor on page can drastically reduce the benefits of getting good links.
Request a free website audit today or call us at +91-9717778130 to start using SEO for your website!